JDRF is an organization built on the passion and determination of our supporters. The foundation for our success rests upon our unique staff-volunteer partnership that allows us to work together to form fresh ideas and accelerate the path to a cure. With your assistance, JDRF continues to create more stories of hope for the millions touched by type 1 diabetes.
TOP 10 WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
1. Volunteer- JDRF Houston Gulf Coast is always looking for talented, energetic and positive volunteers to assist with a wide range of events, programs and special projects. There are countless opportunities for adults and children.
Contact Amanda Nguyen (Anguyen@jdrf.org) for more information about our volunteer opportunities.
2. Connect Your Company- Enhance awareness of your company by partnering with one of our events, building a Walk Team, donating an auction item to our Gala, playing in our golf tournament or participating in Sneaker Sales. Scheduling a Lunch and Learn with JDRF is also a quick simple way to have our staff visit your office and tell the JDRF story.
For more information about corporate partnerships, please contact Clara Utley (email@example.com).
3. Contribute Your Services- Are you a graphic designer? Skilled at photography? Have a band? Own a restaurant or lounge? Donate your services or lend us your space for a fundraising event. You can make a huge difference as these donations help us keep our expenses down and are a great way to promote your business to a captive audience.
Please contact Kristen Putnam (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
4. Support JDRF- Give a donation and know you made a dramatic impact as JDRF moves life altering research out of the lab and into human clinical trials. Whether a one-time gift or a major gift paid over five years your donation is always tax deductible.
5. Become An Advocate- Everyone knows there is strength in numbers. As a JDRF advocate your personal story takes on added impact when you join forces with thousands of other advocates across the country. Anyone can become an advocate and assist JDRF in securing resources and policies to advance us towards a cure.
6.Host A Third Party Event- Hold your own event to raise funds for JDRF. Participate in endurance events such as the Chevron Houston Marathon, organize a softball game, throw a party, plan a golf tournament- the options are endless!
For more information about Third Part Events, please contact Amanda Nguyen (Anguyen@jdrf.org).
7. Get Your School Involved- If you supply the school, JDRF will supply the tools. Help build awareness of type 1 diabetes in your child’s classroom while raising money for JDRF and your school. It is truly a win-win situation for all involved!
For more information about the Kids Walk Program, contact Rachel Alpert (Ralpert@jdrf.org).
8. Double Your Dollars- Did you know many companies offer matching gift programs in which they double the contribution made by an employee to JDRF? Have you asked if your company is one of these generous organizations? Many companies also participate in Workplace Giving Campaigns…see what they have to offer.
9. Get Involved In Our Online Community- Want to stay up to date with the latest news and trends in diabetes research and the Houston Gulf Coast Chapter? Join our community and help us connect with others around the state.
10. Spread the word- Let your friends, neighbors, and co-workers know you are affected by type 1 diabetes. Follow JDRF Houston on Twitter or like us on Facebook. The more people who know about and are involved in support of type 1 diabetes research, the more powerful JDRF’s voice will become.