JDRF Houston would like to invite you to particpiate in the 2013-2014 JDRF Ambassador Program. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who are passionate about supporting JDRF’s mission to cure, better treat and prevent type 1 diabetes (T1D). Ambassadors have huge potential to help JDRF Houston in many ways – we need your voice, your participation and your leadership. In addition to involvement as volunteers and fundraisers, the JDRF Ambassador Program provides opportunities to the participants to build friendships and support. As a representative of JDRF, you will increase awareness of what life with T1D is like. Below are our Ambassador Opportunities for 2013-2014.
Walk To Cure Diabetes Ambassador:
Walk to Cure Diabetes Ambassadors are children, teens and adults living with T1D who are recognized for their commitment to helping fund T1D research through active participation in the Walk to Cure Diabetes or Kid’s Walk to Cure Diabetes. In order to be recognized, Walk Ambassadors must be registered for walk and have raised at least $250 (either individual or team total) by Monday, September 23 OR have scheduled a Kid’s Walk to Cure Diabetes at their elementary, middle or high school by Monday, September 23. Walk Ambassadors will be celebrated in the following ways:
- Child’s picture will be featured on their own Walk Ambassador Sign displayed along the walk route (picture must be emailed to HoustonTemp2@jdrf.org no later than Monday, September 23 – please specify whether you will be attending the Houston or Woodlands walk)
- Invitation to the Walk Ambassador Party scheduled for November 2013
- Opportunity to assist with community events and walk kick-offs
- Recognition as an Ambassador at the Walk Awards Ceremony
- Recognition as Walk Ambassador on JDRF Houston’s Website
In order to register your walk team and start working towards the $250 fundraising minimum, visit www.walk.jdrf.org . To schedule a Kid’s Walk to Cure Diabetes, contact Millicent Lacy at 713.334.4400 or email@example.com .
Promise Ball Ambassador:
A limited number of Promise Ball Ambassador positions will be made available each year through an application process. Promise Ball Ambassadors must be between 5 and 18 years old, and will be selected through committee review based on the applicant and family’s involvement with the chapter and the needs of the event. Applications will be made available on JDRF Houston’s website mid-November. Promise Ball Ambassador duties include:
- Participation in Promise Ambassador photo shoot in January 2014
- Attending the gala on March 29, 2014 as a Promise Ball Ambassador and participating in special event duties such as greeting guests, distributing gifts to patrons that have purchased live auction items, Ambassador presentation and more
- Recognition as Promise Ball Ambassador on JDRF Houston’s Website
We look forward to celebrating the success and contributions of our Ambassadors. Their commitment to JDRF’s mission helps us fulfill our mission of improving the lives of those who live with T1D as we search for a cure. We know that together, we can make a difference!